Freelance Senior Planner
J. Walter Thompson London – Job Located in London, England
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Freelance Senior Planner to work on one of our global award winning accounts. As a Global Freelance Senior Planner, you will drive overall strategic leadership and act as the champion for this Client’s way of brand building.
As a member of the senior team you will be expected to fully participate in senior level decision-making. You will need to be a highly motivated, pro-active and inspiring individual with the ability to balance the requirements of managing teams, inputting into the creative product and driving the Client’s strategic agenda.
Other specifics of the role include:
- Lead creation and application of global brand strategies for four global brands – working with Brand teams to drive brand strategy across every aspect of marketing mix (portfolio management and npd, distribution, promotions, communications, influencer management)
- Work closely with Client’s Marketing Excellence and Brand Teams to develop and evolve existing Brand Building tools and processes to provide guidance to Brand Teams around the world
- Enlighten teams and ideas with cultural and consumer insights, inspiration from other categories, competitive intelligence, and inspired understanding of how brands are built in today’s communications environment
- Build and execute ideas that drive the business, break through in the category and have consumer participation at the core
- Lead collaboration with agency partners - internal (JWT local markets) and externally (media and other creative agency partners) - to drive and oversee consistent brand strategy and in-market execution
- Progress the agenda for learning and research – collaborating with other JWT and BBDO planners and research agency partners to accelerate the evolution of how the Client uses/invests in research to inform the creative and innovation process
- Progress the agenda for integrated communications planning – building global brands and ideas that travel across channels, create content, and address consumer needs/desires at key stages of the consumer journey; working with the Global Media client and agency partners to develop and optimise the ‘Client way’ of communications planning
- Progress the agenda for creative leadership and category-breaking, effective, and award-winning work. Able to ‘sell’ bold ideas and create a ‘safe’ environment for creative risk taking – using data, industry references, and passion to demonstrate the effectiveness of creativity, and gain client trust.
- Solid brand planning experience as a Senior Planner from a top agency
- Experience looking after global pieces of business
- Be able to travel every 2-3 weeks
- Sound experience in developing and measuring the effectiveness of creative campaigns
- Media agency experience would be of benefit but not essential.
- A strong media and channel understanding. Although media agency experience is not essential, it would be a benefit.
- Gravitas and have a strong ability to lead strategy and lead and influence at the highest levels of the Client organisation
- Ability to interrogate and leverage data to persuade, prove and measure effectiveness of communications, and tell a story – essential for awards papers
- The ability to manage teams in both the UK and around the world is a must.